Tonight’s meeting was a series of lightning talks on popular applications that were written in Python — in whole or in part. Some of the applications mentioned were:
- Nagios – a network monitoring application
- Python Redirector – a pure python TCP load balancer
- Dropbox – rsync++ for the masses
Other Projects/Items mentioned at the meeting:
- ShedSkin – An Optimizing Python-to-C++ Compiler
- MatPlotLib – matplotlib is a python 2D plotting library
- wxPython / wxWidgets and Robin Dunn
- Dive Into Python – a learning resource
- The Python Tutorial – a learning resource
- edna – a streaming mp3 server
- Zenoss – a network monitoring application
- Python and AI – Raymond Hettinger’s AI talk at this years PyCon
- neuralnet.py — Raymond’s example code slightly refactored so ShedSkin could compile it for blazing fast speed.
- Griffith – media collection manager
- Anki – Anki is a spaced repetition system (SRS).